LeanKit's step-by-step guide on how to perform common actions using right-clicks, or context menus.
LeanKit provides context menus that can be used to perform common actions on both cards and lanes. To access these context menus, simply right-click on a card, lane, or lane header to open its context menu. You can then select the menu or sub-menu items in order to perform the desired action.
Card Menu Options
The following are actions that can be performed from the Card's context menu:
- Assign the card to yourself or any other user of that board.
- Subscribe to card events via email.
- Open the card dialog with the Card Details tab displayed.
- Copy the card and open card details for editing.
- Quick Edit:
- Edit dates: Quick-edit Planned Start and Planned Finish dates.
- Edit Tags: Quick-edit any tags on this card.
- Set as Blocked: Set this card as blocked and specify a reason, or remove the block.
- Set Card Type: Select the type for this card, from the available card types for your board.
- Set Custom Icon (default name “Class of Service”) - Allows you to assign or unassign a Class of Service to the card. This option is only available if Classes of Service are enabled for the board.
- Set Parent Card: Quickly select a parent card for the card you have selected.
- Set Priority: Select a priority for this card.
- Move to:
- Lane: This action allows you to move a card into a different lane. This menu option presents the lanes in a hierarchical structure that allows you to navigate down to the desired destination Lane.
- Taskboard: Select which card's taskboard you would like to move this card to.
- Move to a Different Board: Select the board you would like to move this card to.
- Connect to a New Card:
- On This Board: Create a new card on the current board you’re on. The new card will become the child card of the original card you selected
- On Another Board: Create a new card on another existing board. The new card will become the child card of the original card you selected.
- On a New Board: Create a new card AND a new board for that card to exist on. The new card will become the child card of the original card you selected.
- Connect to Existing Cards:
- On this Board: Connect to another existing card on the current board you’re on.
- On Another Board: Connect to another existing card on a different board than the one you’re on.
- Note that once a Connection has been established, the menu options include:
- Existing Connections
- Remove Connections
- Delete: Delete this card. Cannot be recovered.
- Link To: Allows you to navigate a separate browser window to the external link associated to the Card. This is only enabled if there is an External Link set up for the Card.
Lane Menu Options
The following are actions that can be performed from the lane’s context menu:
- Add Card: Add a card to the selected lane.
- Assign To: Assign all cards in this lane to a selected user.
- Subscribe: Subscribe, by email, to all events in this lane.
- Mass Edit:
- Edit Dates: Mass edit planned start and finish dates for cards in the lane you have selected.
- Edit Tags: Add tags to all cards in this lane.
- Set Card Types: Mass edit the type of all cards in this lane.
- Custom Icon (default name “Class of Service”): Mass edit the Class of Service of all cards in this lane.
- Set Parent Card: Set a parent cards for all cards in this lane.
- Move to: Provides a shortcut for moving all cards in this lane to a different lane
- Delete All Cards: Removes all cards in this lane. Deleted cards cannot be recovered.
Doc ID: 1191979580