LeanKit's step-by-step guide on how to remove card connections.
In LeanKit, you can create parent-child Connections between cards. This makes it easier to track and manage the progress of work distributed across multiple teams. Once you’ve established parent-child Connections between cards, statistics at the parent card level help you quickly assess the progress of child cards and identify potential problems.
Different editions of LeanKit include different Connection abilities:
- Advanced and Premium Edition accounts can connect to cards on the same board, and cards on multiple other boards.
- Select Edition accounts can connect to cards on the same board, and to cards on one other board.
- Lite and Standard Edition accounts cannot connect cards
To Remove a Connection:
In LeanKit you can remove card connections as easily as you can create them. There are multiple ways to remove card connections. You can remove card connections within the parent or child card OR by right-clicking on the parent or child card.
Remove Connections Within the Parent Card
To remove all connections from within a parent card:
- Click on the face of the parent card you would like to remove the connections from. This will open the card’s details.
- Click on the Connections tab.
- Click Remove connection from the bottom right-hand corner
All of the connections for the selected card will be removed.
Remove Connections Within the Child Card
You may decide you only want to remove specific child-card connections from the parent card. One easy way to accomplish this is by removing connections from within a selected child card.
To remove a connection within the child card:
- Click on the child card you would like to remove the connection from.
- In the Details tab, to the right of the Size field, click the X next to the parent card beneath the Parent Card field.
- This will remove the connection between that parent card and the card you are in.
Still have questions about connections?
- Click here to learn how to view connected cards.
- Click here to learn how to connect to existing cards.
- Click here to learn how to connect to new cards.
Doc ID: 1191981341