LeanKit's step-by-step guide on how to connects to new cards.
In LeanKit, you can create parent-child connections between cards. This makes it easier to track and manage the progress of work distributed across multiple teams. Once you’ve established parent-child connections, statistics at the parent card level help you quickly assess the progress of child cards and identify potential problems.
Different editions of LeanKit include different connection abilities:
- Advanced and Premium Edition accounts can connect to cards on the same board, and cards on multiple other boards.
- Select Edition accounts can connect to cards on the same board, and to cards on one other board.
- Lite and Standard Edition accounts cannot connect cards
To Connect to a New Card:
Open the desired parent card and go to the Child Cards tab of the card's details. Click Connect New Cards.
This will bring up the Create Card dialogue within the Child Cards tab. Give your new card a title, and then use the dropdown under Board to select or search and select the board you would like your new child card to be created on.
You can choose a Card Type for your card. Once you've finished, you can simply select a save option, or you can click Edit Details to go to that child card on the board it was created on and edit more card details.
When you're finished and your card is saved, the new child card will appear in the default drop lane of the board you previously selected.
Still have questions about connections?
- Click here to learn how to view connected cards.
- Click here to learn how to connect to existing cards.
- Click here to learn how to remove connections.
Doc ID: 1191981339